Enjoying The American River Resort Experience
We want every family and guest to have an enjoyable and safe stay at American River Resort. We love all the activity, laughter and camaraderie that happen naturally here as kids and adults interact with the surroundings and each other. At the close of each camping day, we want you to have the opportunity to enjoy the tranquility of the evening as the stars come out and the sounds of the river and nature take over. Towards this and other ends benefitting everyone, we have a few basic rules we ask you to follow. Thank you for doing your part to help fellow campers enjoy the American River Resort experience.
Rules for Everyone
- We hope you have a great stay with us! Our office (and store) is open until 9 p.m. on Fridays, Saturdays and Holidays; other days until 6 p.m.
- CHECK IN time for tent, RV, and group sites is 3PM. CHECK OUT is 12PM noon. (For cabins see below.) For check out, please be punctual to avoid possible extra charges.
- QUIET TIME IS ENFORCED AFTER 10 p.m. In consideration of ALL our guests, after being warned, anyone engaging in loud talking, yelling, singing, loud music, etc. after 10 pm may be escorted from the campground by the El Dorado County Sheriff.
- No amplified sounds or music at any time.
- Generators are not allowed. If you need electric power, please request one of our sites that provides electricity.
- THERE IS NO PARKING ON THE RIVER LEVEL. For campsites 11-39 on the river, you may unload your car at your campsite then park your car in the designated parking areas and return to set up your camp. This minimizes congestion at the river sites.
- Vehicles parked without parking passes may be towed.
- All reservation details will be confirmed 30 days prior to the reservation date when the final payment is due. If you arrive with extra guests, we will do our best to accommodate you. Payment for any additional guests or pets will be due upon check in.
- Visitors to sites must register at the office, pay $10 and pick up a parking pass.
- PET RULES. For pet owners, see our PET RULES here. A pet agreement must be signed immediately at check in.
- The main bathroom/shower building is open 24 hours a day. Please notify the office immediately of any housekeeping issues. NOTE: Because our off-season is limited to cabins and RVs, bathrooms and showers are closed from November 1 - April 15.
- Please leave your campsite clean. It was clean when you arrived. Thanks for your cooperation.
- River and wildland habitats are fragile. Please use the garbage cans provided throughout the resort to help us stop litter.
- Do not alter/move the rocks surrounding the firepits.
- We are in a high fire hazard area, please do not overload your fire with fuel. CAMPFIRE GUIDELINES here
- Please do not move picnic tables from one site to another without permission from the office. Before checking out, return tables to their original places.
- Use caution around the river. Dam releases can come without warning at any time of the day and the river rises VERY quickly.
- SWIMMING POOL availability is subject to weather conditions and maintenance requirements.
ARR's pool is open from Memorial Day through September 30.
Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10am-5pm
Friday, Saturday: 10am-8pm
- Check-in time for all cabins is 3 p.m. Check-out time for all cabins is 12 noon (failure to comply may result in extra charges).
- You must provide your own queen sheets, pillowcases and towels. If you have rented linens for your stay, please leave them in a pile in the cabin kitchen upon checkout.
- NO SMOKING inside the cabins at any time.
- NO DOGS or PETS in cabins or on cabin decks at any time.
- Please turn out your deck light before retiring for the evening in consideration of our other guests.
- Please do not move/drag furniture across cabin floors.
- Please wash, dry and put away your dishes after use and turn off the BBQ propane when you have finished.
- Please leave your key on the dining table inside your cabin.
Cancelling Your Reservation
Your reservation is a special commitment for you as well as for American River Resort. Once your reservation is confirmed, other clients are turned away.
A full refund less a fee of $20 will be issued for trip cancellations made 30 days or more before the reservation start date. A 50% refund will be issued for cancellations made 15-29 days prior to the trip start date. There are no refunds issued for 'no shows' or trip cancellations made 0-14 days prior to the reservation start date.
There is $10 transfer processing fee if you change your trip date once payment has been received. There are no transfers permitted within two weeks of your reservation date.
Cancellation detail for Event Venues and the Events Center are specified in the contract.
There are no exceptions to this policy. Please be sure everyone in your party is aware of the policies on transfers and concellations.
We encourage you to consider trip travel insurance which may protect you in the event of a trip cancellation. Low-cost travel insurance is highly recommended and provides emergency evacuation, medical, baggage, and trip cancellation protection. Policies are available from your travel agent or by calling Allianz Travel Insurance at 800-284-8300.
I have been here several times with family over the years. This resort is great . . . The managment is perfectly fine. I have been to state parks that are just pandemonium all night long and appreciate staff enforcing the rules for everyone's benefit. I will be back again in the near future.
Lester R. Cupertino, CA